Triggers will listen for events in your sheet, such as when sheet is updated or a form is received, then kick off the execution of the rule.
Form response is received
This trigger will run when a form response is received in the sheet.
Sheet is scheduled
This trigger will run when scheduled time arrives for the selected sheet. This is suitable for repeatable tasks such as checking the sheet data on an hourly basis.
- Hourly: the rule will run once per hour
- Daily: the rule will run once per day
- Weekly: the rule will run once per week
- Monthly: the rule will run once per month
NoteThe actual run time of the rule is not guaranteed. It could happen any time within the hour or the day.
The target sheet will be processed by the rule row by row.
Trigger can be configured to run under two modes:
- Trigger on the first matched row: the rule will run when it finds the first row that matches the condition and then exit
- Trigger on every matches row: the rule will run on all rows that match the condition one by one
The former should be used when you just want to see if the sheet contains some specific row and fire the action just once. You won’t want your rule to send out tens of hundreds of emails in one run.
The latter mode is useful when you want to scan the whole sheet and process every row that matches the condition.
Column is updated
This trigger will run when value is updated within the configured column of the sheet.
The column argument accepts one or more columns using the column letters separated with comma or hyphen.
- A refers to the first column.
- A,B,C refers to the first 3 columns.
- A-E refers to 5 columns starting from column A to column E.
Row is updated
This trigger will run when the value is updated within the specified row(s) of the sheet.
You can specify one or more rows using the row numbers separated with comma or hyphen.
- 1 refers to the first row.
- 1,2,3 refers to the first 3 rows.
- 5-10 refers to 5 rows starting from row 5 to row 10.
Range is updated
This trigger will run when value is updated within the configured range of the sheet.
The range argument accepts A1 notation.
- A1 refers to the first cell of the first row
- A5:A refers to all the cells of the first column from row 5 onward
- A1:B2 refers to the first two cells in the top two rows.
Sheet is updated
This trigger will run when any value is updated in the sheet.
New row is added
The trigger will run when a new row is added to the bottom of the sheet.
The sheet to monitor.
If column field is specified, the trigger will run only when there are changes on that column.